It is pretty wearisome to scrub microwave grimes and clean the oven right? And you might be wondering how I get rid of this mess. Well, cleaning a microwave oven is very easy, you can do it by using kitchen products such as baking soda, vinegar, lemon, etc. They are natural and safe to use inside a microwave. Want to know how to use these ingredients to kick away all the stains and bad smells out of the microwave?
Here’s the kicker because in this article I’m gonna share with you 5 effective steps to clean a microwave with baking soda. So, tighten up and stay tuned.
Microwaves can be cleaned with water and baking soda. A small water pot containing 1 tbsp baking soda should be placed inside the oven and run on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Steam will reach each corner inside and loosen up all dirt. Waste and grimes can be removed by scrubbing once cooled.
5 Simple Steps to Clean A Microwave With Baking Soda:
Cleaning a microwave with natural ingredients like baking soda is effective and will take a few moments to complete. You got all the ingredients and tools you need. Before you proceed further, make sure your microwave is switched off or fully detached from the power supply.
Let’s head towards the cleaning process now :
1. Turn Off Power And Take Microwave Components Out:
The first thing you’ll have to follow is to remove all the cooking peripherals from the oven. Space will help you thoroughly clean all the smudges. Also, this will allow the steam of water to spread inside properly. Here is how you do it :
- For items such as bowls, plates you can remove them with your hand. If you think the griller racks contain a hell of sludge, remove them with your hands or screwdriver.
- Make sure your microwave is switched off when you’re removing oven components.
2. Mix Water And Baking Soda In A Bowl:
The next thing you are gonna do is take 1 tbsp of baking soda and 100ml of water in a bowl or pot. Now take a spoon and mix them to formulate a primary cleaning solution. This solution will help to clean the microwave in two different ways :
- Water vapor will soften up all the dirt inside of the microwave.
- The absorbent power of baking soda will devour all the bad odors inside the microwave oven.
3. Place The Mixing Bowl Inside Microwave:
When your cleaning solution is ready, just place it inside the oven. Now close the door and turn on the microwave. Keep it in high heat for a minimum of 5 minutes.
This will do the following things :
- Water will bubble up and start creating dense steam. This steam then will circulate in every corner inside the locked door.
- As the steam is circulating, it is going to reach all the dry smudges and make them wet with moisture. This will help you to clean these smudges later easily.
- The baking soda remaining in the bowl will cut the bad odor created by all these grimes and dirt.
4. Turn On Steam Cleaner or Manually Release Vapor:
The steam generated after five minutes of high heat will do its work. You’ll just have to turn off the heat button after the vapor is formed and wait for a few minutes. Now look for the steam cleaner button outside the microwave. If your microwave does not come with such a button do the following things :
- Turn off the power switch of the microwave and open the chamber door to release all the steam clouds.
- Put gloves in hand and carefully remove the soda-water bowl from inside.
5. Scrub Dirts And Spray Baking Soda for Tough Grimes :
Some of the stubborn dirt and oil particles would likely remain even after you steam clean them. To get rid of these, a scrubber and baking soda would be helpful. Follow these steps :
- Put 1 tbsp of baking soda and adequate water in a bottle and seal the cap with a sprayer.
- Make sure your microwave is switched off and cooled down properly.
- Spray the soda mixture over the tough grimes. Then leave the microwave for a while. Grimes will absorb soda gradually.
- Now take a sponge scrubber to rub and wipe all the remaining dirt out of your oven. Finish the cleaning process by rubbing the whole microwave with a dry cloth.
Related Questions :
What Are The Common Tools And Ingredients You Need To Wash Microwave?
Let’s look at the tools and ingredients you need to wash the microwave with baking soda powder:
- Good quality baking soda,
- Purified or distilled water,
- A small microwave-safe oven bowl,
- Dry towel.
How Does Baking Soda Clean The Inside of A Microwave?
Baking soda does not clean the microwave directly. It is the water vapor that does the primary work of softening up dirt. What baking soda does is neutralize the bad odors inside the door And baking soda can be used manually to clean inside and outside of the microwave after your steam cleaning is finished.
Can I Use Vinegar With Baking Soda to Clean The Microwave?
If you use vinegar alongside baking soda to clean a microwave, you’ll have to reverse the role of soda and vinegar. First, you rub all the dirt with a wiping cloth that has been dipped in baking soda- water mixture. Next, add 2 tbsp of pure vinegar with water and pour the mixture into the oven bowl. The rest of the process is the same as steam cleaning.
How Do I Clean Microwaves with Baking Soda And Lemon?
One benefit of using lemon alongside baking soda is that the bleaching property of lemon helps to cut all the oily substances. Just squeeze a lemon and pour it into the water mixture. Or you can rub lemons directly over strains when your microwave is switched off.
Is it Dangerous to Mix Vinegar- Baking Soda Inside A Microwave?
Baking soda and vinegar both are natural ingredients and won’t harm your microwave. However, you’ll have to keep in mind that soda and vinegar will just neutralize themselves if mixed so you won’t get any cleaning benefits then.
Can I Use Baking Powder Instead of Baking Soda to Clean Microwaves?
Baking powder is baking soda mixed with dry acids like tartar. It does not need additional acidic components to rise. So if you pour water over the baking powder, the dry acid and soda will start to react. So it is better to use only baking soda to clean the microwave.
Microwaves get dirty and oily over time and bad odors start to form inside. These problems can be solved by two or three natural ingredients such as baking soda, water, vinegar, or lemon juices. Next time if you have to clean a tarnished microwave just use any of these to kick all the dirt and oil out of your microwave.